Book tip: "The History of Graphic Design. Vol. 2, 1960–Today"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
With the recently published volume "History of graphic design. Volume 2, 1960-Today", Jens Müller rounds off his exploration of graphic design.
Graphic design has always expressed the spirit of the times through lively and concise links between image and idea. It is omnipresent: from minimalist packaging to colourful advertising, from intelligent environmental graphics to slim interfaces. Graphic design not only conveys information, but is also a mirror of social values and cultural trends.
Around 3,500 groundbreaking designs from all over the world guide us through recent history in this pictorial atlas - from the founding of the International Style to the upheavals of the digital age. About 80 key works are examined in detailed analyses. There are also 118 biographies of the most important designers of the time, including Massimo Vignelli (orientation system of the New York subway), Otl Aicher (corporate design of Lufthansa), Paula Scher (logo of Citibank), Neville Brody (design of the magazine The Face), Kashiwa Sato (corporate design of Uniqlo) and Stefan Sagmeister (posters with handwritten texts).
This second volume completes the most comprehensive exploration of graphic design to date, covering the period from the 1960s to the present.
The 480-page publication "History of graphic design. Volume 2, 1960 to Today" by Jens Müller and Julius Wiedemann has been published by TASCHEN Verlag and is available for €50. For further information visit https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/graphic_design/all/01177/facts.the_history_of_graphic_design_vol_2_1960today.htm
- Introducing: Our New Talents 2021 new
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy