Book tip: "The History of Graphic Design. Vol. 2, 1960–Today"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
With the recently published volume "History of graphic design. Volume 2, 1960-Today", Jens Müller rounds off his exploration of graphic design.
Graphic design has always expressed the spirit of the times through lively and concise links between image and idea. It is omnipresent: from minimalist packaging to colourful advertising, from intelligent environmental graphics to slim interfaces. Graphic design not only conveys information, but is also a mirror of social values and cultural trends.
Around 3,500 groundbreaking designs from all over the world guide us through recent history in this pictorial atlas - from the founding of the International Style to the upheavals of the digital age. About 80 key works are examined in detailed analyses. There are also 118 biographies of the most important designers of the time, including Massimo Vignelli (orientation system of the New York subway), Otl Aicher (corporate design of Lufthansa), Paula Scher (logo of Citibank), Neville Brody (design of the magazine The Face), Kashiwa Sato (corporate design of Uniqlo) and Stefan Sagmeister (posters with handwritten texts).
This second volume completes the most comprehensive exploration of graphic design to date, covering the period from the 1960s to the present.
The 480-page publication "History of graphic design. Volume 2, 1960 to Today" by Jens Müller and Julius Wiedemann has been published by TASCHEN Verlag and is available for €50. For further information visit https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/graphic_design/all/01177/facts.the_history_of_graphic_design_vol_2_1960today.htm
- Book tip: "The History of Graphic Design. Vol. 2, 1960–Today"
- "Can you survive Moon?" and how ProSiebenSat.1 revolutionises HbbTV
- Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
- Book tip: "Graphic Design"
- ARTE: Summer of Freedom – Programme design for the thematic focus
- Divimove, ProSiebenSat.1 and Mediengruppe RTL develop campaigns for the 2019 European elections
- Marketing & Design for the TV event "24h Europe - The Next Generation"
- Opportunities & Challenges of eSports on TV - Interview with 7Sports COO Stefan Zant
- Promotion campaigns for VoD and OTT content – An interview with BDA Creative
- Artificial intelligence in everyday life and in the creative industry - Interview with Jochen Voß
- Exhibition tip: "OUT OF OFFICE. When Robots and AI do our work for us"
- New, cross-media combination of TV and mobile: RTL II connects "Berlin – Day & Night" and THE DOME on IGTV
- 4 Things You Can Still Learn About Digital Brand Management
- Companies have to tell stories
- Five Key Ideas You’ll Bring Back from Promax Europe 2019
- CapeRock creates umbrella brand for Deutsche Welle's environmental format "Eco"
- BDA Creative Gives 3sat The First Redesign In 15 Years
- Book tip: "Through a Different Lens"
- Exhibition tip: "Social Design"
- eSports is here to stay! From the alleged niche to the mass audience
- Quadrolux merges fiction and reality in a newly adjusted interview polemic
- SAT.1 GOLD shines in a new design
- Superama produces Image Spot for DMAX and Branded Content Making-Of for SanDisk
- Screenworks produces clips for the German Television Award
- Motion Designer für den Bereich On Air Promotion - mehappy
- Content Creator mit Schwerpunkt auf Online-Grafik & Content Creator mit Schwerpunkt auf Schnitt/Motion Design - mehappy
- Motion Graphics Designer - Red Bull Media House
- Infographics-Designer/in - SRF
- Projektmanager/in mit Schwerpunkt Broadcast/TV Design und Adaption für Multimedia - ARD - Das Erste