Book tip: "The History of Graphic Design. Vol. 2, 1960–Today"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
With the recently published volume "History of graphic design. Volume 2, 1960-Today", Jens Müller rounds off his exploration of graphic design.
Graphic design has always expressed the spirit of the times through lively and concise links between image and idea. It is omnipresent: from minimalist packaging to colourful advertising, from intelligent environmental graphics to slim interfaces. Graphic design not only conveys information, but is also a mirror of social values and cultural trends.
Around 3,500 groundbreaking designs from all over the world guide us through recent history in this pictorial atlas - from the founding of the International Style to the upheavals of the digital age. About 80 key works are examined in detailed analyses. There are also 118 biographies of the most important designers of the time, including Massimo Vignelli (orientation system of the New York subway), Otl Aicher (corporate design of Lufthansa), Paula Scher (logo of Citibank), Neville Brody (design of the magazine The Face), Kashiwa Sato (corporate design of Uniqlo) and Stefan Sagmeister (posters with handwritten texts).
This second volume completes the most comprehensive exploration of graphic design to date, covering the period from the 1960s to the present.
The 480-page publication "History of graphic design. Volume 2, 1960 to Today" by Jens Müller and Julius Wiedemann has been published by TASCHEN Verlag and is available for €50. For further information visit https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/graphic_design/all/01177/facts.the_history_of_graphic_design_vol_2_1960today.htm
- New design for new stories – CapeRock's rebranding of Insight TV
- Alpenblick creates new design for ARD Kontraste
- Sustainability at Deutsche Welle
- 21 years of FEEDMEE Design from Cologne - of age and still hungree...
- Sustainability at ProSiebenSat.1
- Book tip: "Travel companions. Really good things to take along"
- Head of Multichannel Art & Design (m/w/d) - ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland, Unterföhring
- Art Director (m/f/d) - Red Bull Media House, Wals-Siezenheim (Austria)
- Producer Digital & TV sixx (m/w/d) - ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland, Unterföhring
- Ingest, Playout & Quality Management Specialist (m/w/d) - Red Bull Media House, Wals-Siezenheim (Austria)