Matching the claim "Anders Fernsehen" ("Watching TV differently") – 3sat gets new sound design from Cape Rock
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
After the successful 3sat redesign in 2019, the Dutch agency Cape Rock has now given the station a new sound design – which will be on air from 01 May.
"Anders Fernsehen", the claim of 3sat, is now also included in the sound design. After the visual redesign of the channel, which was developed by BDA Creative 2 years ago, was already a complete success, the sound was now to be rethought as well. The music by Cape Rock Music, together with Matthijs Kieboom as composer, will replace the old sound design from May on and is then to be heard in all station IDs and promo elements. During the development, Cape Rock focused on the two pillars of the 3sat programme, "culture" and "knowledge and science". On the one hand, the values of the station were to be reflected and on the other hand, the emotional connection of the viewers was to be enhanced. "While images influence perception, sound creates emotions," says Martijn Wolff, Cape Rock project manager. "Music can be proud and optimistic. It can be elegant, warm, refined and authentic."
"In finding the right direction and composing soundboards together, 3sat inspired us to create expressive, avant-garde and highly contemporary electronic sounds," Martijn Wolff continues. The final sound design now works mainly through intermediate tones. Small variations make the sound design more lively and the use of real instruments emphasises the high quality of 3sat.
Closer cooperation thanks to Corona
"Due to Corona and the digital working methods it created, an unusual dynamic developed and we communicated via Zoom very often, right from the start," reports Anna Saup, Project Manager at 3sat. "After we had created a collection of exemplary music together on Spotify, we got down to the composition. Matthijs Kieboom developed the music and kept sharpening it to 3sat's profile in close cooperation with Andrea Simon, our sound designer. Since no physical meetings were possible, the two even met for interactive protools sessions on the net. It's fair to say that, due to the frequent, unproblematic meetings of the 'music crew', the lockdown resulted, if anything, in a more intensive collaboration after an initial delay."
Matthijs Kieboom, musician, Andrea Simon, ZDF/3sat music service, Martijn Wolff, Cape Rock project management, Anna Saup, 3sat project management, and Anja Strnischa, 3sat project management, were involved in the project.
Further information on Cape Rock at https://www.caperock.tv/
Further information on 3sat at https://www.3sat.de/
- 360-degree news from a new studio – Cooperation between RTL Deutschland and agency CapeRock successfully enters the next rounds new
- The Kelly Family bus is back on RTLZWEI – A challenge for the ZWEI FREUNDE agency
- "The picture in your head is always bigger" – A Drink with the MediaApes, Sebastian Gsuck & Nûjîn Kartal
- RTL AdAlliance goes Cannes Lions – Gédéon introduced the new international brand to the society
- "We have to find another story for humankind" – A Drink with Markus Gull
- "I love to tell stories and to entertain people" – A Drink with Michael Coldewey
- Head of Show (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group, Köln
- Chef vom Dienst Factual (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group, Köln
- Schnitt-Realisator Factual (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group, Köln
- Support Creative solutions (m/f/d) - Discovery, München
- Texter und Trailer-Redakteur (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group, Köln