BDA Creative Gives 3sat The First Redesign In 15 Years
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
Since 5 February 2019, the cultural and scientific programme, which is the joint responsibility of the public broadcasters ZDF, ORF, SRF and ARD, has been presented in a new look, developed by BDA Creative.
"After 15 years, we decided among the 3sat partners to give the programme a new face," says Natalie Müller-Elmau, 3sat coordinator at ZDF. "It was important for us to modernise the design without losing the identity of 3sat. [...] Experience the world inspired and informed - this claim remains, but in the future it will show itself with more lightness and openness".
The font "3sat Hurme", developed especially for 3sat in collaboration with Toni Hurme, now replaces the font "Gill sans" which has been used since the start of the channel. The long-standing claim "anders fernsehen" ("watching TV differently") and the colour red are retained, although in a reduced form.
An essential component of the redesign is the newly designed logo, which is now composed of three individual parts that playfully separate and reassemble in the on-air elements. In this way, the channel's collective DNA is more strongly emphasised: in addition to programmes produced in-house, the 3sat programme unites the most important cultural, scientific and social programmes from the three partner channel countries.
"Our goal was to create a design that would not put itself in the foreground despite its presence, but would provide the perfect framework for the content," says Tim Finnamore, Managing Director Design at BDA Creative.
According to BDA Creative, this role of content curator also posed a major challenge for the design package - after all, 3sat has little time to establish itself as the sender of its partly foreign branded programme in the current television programme. The solution: a dynamic identity that can adapt to the diverse content of the various partners.
"The new 3sat design is an evolutionary development. It is intended to newly visualise the brand core of 3sat through an intelligent and unmistakable staging", explains ZDF Marketing Director Thomas Grimm.
Further information at https://presseportal.zdf.de/presse/3satneuesdesign
- Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
- Book tip: "Graphic Design"
- ARTE: Summer of Freedom – Programme design for the thematic focus
- Divimove, ProSiebenSat.1 and Mediengruppe RTL develop campaigns for the 2019 European elections
- Marketing & Design for the TV event "24h Europe - The Next Generation"
- Opportunities & Challenges of eSports on TV - Interview with 7Sports COO Stefan Zant
- Promotion campaigns for VoD and OTT content – An interview with BDA Creative
- Artificial intelligence in everyday life and in the creative industry - Interview with Jochen Voß
- Exhibition tip: "OUT OF OFFICE. When Robots and AI do our work for us"
- New, cross-media combination of TV and mobile: RTL II connects "Berlin – Day & Night" and THE DOME on IGTV
- 4 Things You Can Still Learn About Digital Brand Management
- Companies have to tell stories
- Five Key Ideas You’ll Bring Back from Promax Europe 2019
- CapeRock creates umbrella brand for Deutsche Welle's environmental format "Eco"
- BDA Creative Gives 3sat The First Redesign In 15 Years
- Book tip: "Through a Different Lens"
- Exhibition tip: "Social Design"
- eSports is here to stay! From the alleged niche to the mass audience
- Quadrolux merges fiction and reality in a newly adjusted interview polemic
- SAT.1 GOLD shines in a new design
- Superama produces Image Spot for DMAX and Branded Content Making-Of for SanDisk
- Screenworks produces clips for the German Television Award
- Motion Graphics Designer - Red Bull Media House
- Infographics-Designer/in - SRF
- Herstellungsleiter – Film (m/w) - Red Bull Media House
- Volontär/Trainee (m/w/x) Kommunikation und Projektmanagement - Eyes & Ears of Europe
- Projektmanager/in mit Schwerpunkt Broadcast/TV Design und Adaption für Multimedia - ARD - Das Erste