Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
From 28 June 2019 to 5 April 2020, the exhibition "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology" will be on show at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich in the Toni-Areal.
Materials research has become a key discipline in the 21st century. Not only in the laboratory, but also in design, materials issues are now more topical than ever due to digitalisation and the pursuit of sustainability. Material must be able to do more and more technologically - and become lighter and smaller at the same time. Intensive work is being done on optimum properties and performance. This opens up exciting fields of action for designers. Material issues and new technological processes have always been central drivers in the development of innovative products.
The exhibition presents innovative projects in the field of tension between renewable materials and technological materials. On the one hand, projects that are committed to sustainability are exhibited, such as design from waste material and textiles made from banana fibres.
On the other hand, the focus is on approaches that aim to make materials and processes more efficient using new technologies, such as digital manufacturing processes, 3D printing and robotic fabrication.
However, the hands-on area is at the centre of the design laboratory. Here you can design independently in the open workshop. The growing collection of objects offers the opportunity to experience materials sensually. The educational programme also enables an exchange with material experts and design professionals within the framework of workshops.
"Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology" from 28 June 2019 to 5 April 2020 at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich in the Toni-Areal, Pfingstweidstraße 96, 8005 Zurich. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm, Wednesday from 10 am to 8 pm. Further information can be found at https://museum-gestaltung.ch/en/ausstellung/designlabor-material-und-technik/
- New office, new logo, new colleagues – Blickfang Media moves into its new BDA home in January new
- Even Santa loves "Castle" – A week full of series marathons with Universal TV and FEEDMEE
- Christmas is coming! Thanks to FEEDMEE Design also for ZDFneo
- SUPER RTL has the answer with its "Jetzt ist aber mal Weihnachten" (Now it's finally Christmas) campaign
- White paper for a hopefully white Christmas – Luxlotusliner once again produces Christmas campaign for "Das Erste"
- ZDF morning magazine "Moma" gets a complete redesign by Amsterdam agency CapeRock