Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
From 28 June 2019 to 5 April 2020, the exhibition "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology" will be on show at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich in the Toni-Areal.
Materials research has become a key discipline in the 21st century. Not only in the laboratory, but also in design, materials issues are now more topical than ever due to digitalisation and the pursuit of sustainability. Material must be able to do more and more technologically - and become lighter and smaller at the same time. Intensive work is being done on optimum properties and performance. This opens up exciting fields of action for designers. Material issues and new technological processes have always been central drivers in the development of innovative products.
The exhibition presents innovative projects in the field of tension between renewable materials and technological materials. On the one hand, projects that are committed to sustainability are exhibited, such as design from waste material and textiles made from banana fibres.
On the other hand, the focus is on approaches that aim to make materials and processes more efficient using new technologies, such as digital manufacturing processes, 3D printing and robotic fabrication.
However, the hands-on area is at the centre of the design laboratory. Here you can design independently in the open workshop. The growing collection of objects offers the opportunity to experience materials sensually. The educational programme also enables an exchange with material experts and design professionals within the framework of workshops.
"Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology" from 28 June 2019 to 5 April 2020 at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich in the Toni-Areal, Pfingstweidstraße 96, 8005 Zurich. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm, Wednesday from 10 am to 8 pm. Further information can be found at https://museum-gestaltung.ch/en/ausstellung/designlabor-material-und-technik/
- Introducing: Our New Talents 2021 new
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy