Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
From 28 June 2019 to 5 April 2020, the exhibition "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology" will be on show at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich in the Toni-Areal.
Materials research has become a key discipline in the 21st century. Not only in the laboratory, but also in design, materials issues are now more topical than ever due to digitalisation and the pursuit of sustainability. Material must be able to do more and more technologically - and become lighter and smaller at the same time. Intensive work is being done on optimum properties and performance. This opens up exciting fields of action for designers. Material issues and new technological processes have always been central drivers in the development of innovative products.
The exhibition presents innovative projects in the field of tension between renewable materials and technological materials. On the one hand, projects that are committed to sustainability are exhibited, such as design from waste material and textiles made from banana fibres.
On the other hand, the focus is on approaches that aim to make materials and processes more efficient using new technologies, such as digital manufacturing processes, 3D printing and robotic fabrication.
However, the hands-on area is at the centre of the design laboratory. Here you can design independently in the open workshop. The growing collection of objects offers the opportunity to experience materials sensually. The educational programme also enables an exchange with material experts and design professionals within the framework of workshops.
"Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology" from 28 June 2019 to 5 April 2020 at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich in the Toni-Areal, Pfingstweidstraße 96, 8005 Zurich. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm, Wednesday from 10 am to 8 pm. Further information can be found at https://museum-gestaltung.ch/en/ausstellung/designlabor-material-und-technik/
- Book tip: "The History of Graphic Design. Vol. 2, 1960–Today"
- "Can you survive Moon?" and how ProSiebenSat.1 revolutionises HbbTV
- Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
- Book tip: "Graphic Design"
- ARTE: Summer of Freedom – Programme design for the thematic focus
- Divimove, ProSiebenSat.1 and Mediengruppe RTL develop campaigns for the 2019 European elections
- Marketing & Design for the TV event "24h Europe - The Next Generation"
- Opportunities & Challenges of eSports on TV - Interview with 7Sports COO Stefan Zant
- Promotion campaigns for VoD and OTT content – An interview with BDA Creative
- Artificial intelligence in everyday life and in the creative industry - Interview with Jochen Voß
- Exhibition tip: "OUT OF OFFICE. When Robots and AI do our work for us"
- New, cross-media combination of TV and mobile: RTL II connects "Berlin – Day & Night" and THE DOME on IGTV
- 4 Things You Can Still Learn About Digital Brand Management
- Companies have to tell stories
- Five Key Ideas You’ll Bring Back from Promax Europe 2019
- CapeRock creates umbrella brand for Deutsche Welle's environmental format "Eco"
- BDA Creative Gives 3sat The First Redesign In 15 Years
- Book tip: "Through a Different Lens"
- Exhibition tip: "Social Design"
- eSports is here to stay! From the alleged niche to the mass audience
- Quadrolux merges fiction and reality in a newly adjusted interview polemic
- SAT.1 GOLD shines in a new design
- Superama produces Image Spot for DMAX and Branded Content Making-Of for SanDisk
- Screenworks produces clips for the German Television Award
- Motion Designer für den Bereich On Air Promotion - mehappy
- Content Creator mit Schwerpunkt auf Online-Grafik & Content Creator mit Schwerpunkt auf Schnitt/Motion Design - mehappy
- Motion Graphics Designer - Red Bull Media House
- Infographics-Designer/in - SRF
- Projektmanager/in mit Schwerpunkt Broadcast/TV Design und Adaption für Multimedia - ARD - Das Erste