White paper for a hopefully white Christmas – Luxlotusliner once again produces Christmas campaign for "Das Erste"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
Create the right Christmas feeling with an animated fantasy world.
A floating Christmas island, a village with houses and trees in which little stories are being told - this is the setting for the new Christmas campaign for Das Erste. The 60-second Christmas spot as well as the idents, openers and closers have been on-air at Das Erste since the 1st Advent - . The fantasy world can also be seen on the website as well as in the social media of the public broadcaster.
Last year, just as in previous years, the Munich agency Luxlotusliner had already developed and designed the Christmas campaigns for Das Erste and received numerous awards for this - including three trophies at our 22nd International Eyes & Ears Awards. Now, another festive idea follows, which the agency developed in cooperation with ARD-Design, under the direction of Henriette von Hoessle. Here, the agency supervised the project as the lead agency as well as creative director. For the realisation Luxlotusliner had commissioned the Munich post-production Sehsucht.
"The whole scenery seems to be made of paper", explains Gabi Trojan-Madračević, managing director of Luxlotusliner. "Originally the scenery was actually supposed to be made of paper and filmed in the studio." Due to the difficult conditions in times of Corona, there was a change - the spot was finally produced on the computer with animated images: "Together with Sehsucht, we made sure that the cutting edges of the surfaces did not run straight, that the animations of people in the stop trick were animated and that houses, animals and landscape looked as 'handmade' and analogue as possible".
Musically, the 60 second main spot is accompanied by the German soul singer Joy Denalane with the song "Someday at Christmas".
The music for the short spots, idents and commercial bumpers was created by the studio Mona Davies Beat.
Further information here: www.luxlotusliner.de
ARD-Design: Head of and Creative Director Henriette Edle von Hoessle
ARD-Design: Projekt Manager Monika Kandlbinder
Luxlotusliner: Creative Director Gabi Madracevic
Luxlotusliner: Producer Tatjana Živanović-Wegele
Luxlotusliner: Project manager Nadja Doth
Song: Someday at Christmas
Interpretin: Joy Denalane
Music Production (Short-Spots, Idents, Openers & Closers): Mona Davis
- Introducing: Our New Talents 2021 new
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy