A magical merry-go-round takes you back to the Christmas season of your childhood – Umbruch creates a festive channel design for DIVA
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
For two whole months the agency lets the Romanian channel shine Christmassy – and lovestruck snowmen melt away.
Gingerbread men, golden reindeer and bears playing cymbals – all these Christmas creatures have their place on the winter wonder carousel of Umbruch. This merry-go-round - a combination of Christmas pyramid and Zoetrope - has been delighting viewers of the channel since October. It is one of Romania's most successful international entertainment channels and prepares the female target group for the Advent season. Diva is part of the portfolio of NBCUniversal International Networks; Tobias Mader and Elmar Krick took over the creative direction from NBCU in Munich.
Umbruch's design brings cute Christmas motifs to life: A snowman couple in love melts away, golden bells ring, a gingerbread man breakdances... In addition to programme elements such as Idents and Bumpers, the campaign music and the campaign claim "Feels like Christmas", Umbruch has also created "Outtakes" – short clips that take place in the world of the magic carousel and tell amusing winter stories in which not everything goes well.
Since Christmas enjoys a high priority on DIVA and two full months of almost only Christmas content is shown from November, the campaign already started on 15 October. With success. The viewers in Romania seem to like the new appearance of DIVA. The channel has been able to double its audience since the beginning of the "Christmas Takeover". Also a little Christmas miracle. Further information can be found at umbruch.tv.
- Introducing: Our New Talents 2021 new
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy