FH St. Pölten: Alumni with media textbook and film premiere in Vienna
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
The St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences is delighted with students and alumni creating exciting projects. While alumnus Johannes Schmidt is publishing a comprehensive and up-to-date compendium "Digitale Film- und Videotechnik" (digital film- and videotechnology), students from the Film & TV master class are debuting the film "a few hundred million" in Vienna, which was produced as part of the film scholarship "Schweres Asthma" (life with asthma) - there's a lot going on at the university!
Johannes Schmidt: 4th edition: " Digitale Film- und Videotechnik "
Over the last few months, Johannes Schmidt has spent his time revising the 3rd edition of the book "Digitale Film- und Videotechnik" (Digital Film and Video Technology). The reference book, published by Ulrich Schmidt, is one of the most comprehensive works for film and video production. Johannes Schmidt fundamentally revised the book and added new topics. Among other things, the book now includes the basics of UHD, HDR and HFR as well as information on IP-based transmission of moving images via SRT or SMPTE ST-2110. The chapters on digital cameras and image reproduction technologies have also been updated.
The 4th edition has been available since September. An impressive addition for every professional filmmaker. The book is available by hanserfachbuch, among others: https://www.hanser-fachbuch.de/fachbuch/artikel/9783446454637
"a few hundred million" - film premiere in Vienna
In addition to the successful publication of the alumni, the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences has even more reasons to celebrate.
On September 7, the film "a few hundred million" by the Film & TV master class celebrated its premiere at the Stadtkino in Vienna. The project was created as part of a film scholarship on the topic of "severe asthma", initiated by the Austrian Lung Union in cooperation with Pneumological Care Research e.V. and AstraZeneca. The three award-winning films, including "a few hundred million", offered different insights into research, life and dealing with the disease. The socio-critical message of the film by students at St. Pölten emphasizes the importance of adequate treatment and open communication about asthma. Director Jennifer Gartler is delighted with the success of the premiere and emphasizes that asthma does not necessarily have to result in life restrictions. The films are available online worldwide.
The film was produced as part of the "Women's Business" initiative, which aims to strengthen the position of women in film and explicitly promotes productions by female filmmakers. The initiative is the brainchild of students from various master classes at the university. More information about the film and Women's Business: https://www.womensbusiness.at/projekte/a-few-hundred-million/
- «Baumageddon – don’t become a tree» Short Film by Students of zHdK
- Book Tip: Flexible Visual Systems
- Podcast Tip: Design Better Podcast
- Exhibition Tip: Garden Futures. Designing with Nature
- Don’t lose your head: New Look for NPO Zapp by CapeRock
- Design Relaunch: Orange Heat creates new accents for ZDF sportstudio
- Praktikant/in Marketing und Social Media (w/m/d) - ARD Programmdirektion, München
- Praktikant/In Talent and Music (m/w/d) Pflichtpraktikum - Paramount.+, Berlin
- Technical Coordinator (m/w/d) im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt am Main
- Art Director Newstime (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group GmbH, München
- Project Manager Creative (f/m/d) as a leave cover - Paramount. Berlin or remote