Dating in times of Corona – Superama produces German web series "V-Dates"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
A woman, a man, 90 seconds – in the web series "V-Dates" on Instagram and Facebook, singles come together for 90 seconds of conversation. Including some very special guys...
The first steps are always difficult and Internet speed dating is something you need to learn. Thus, the start of Sophia and her first date Leopold is rather bumpy: At first there is no connection to the chat partner, then suddenly there is one – but at an inconvenient time. The fact that Sophia doesn't like her date Leopold at all and that he, to make things even worse, makes a big faux pas and asks about her age, is the crowning glory of the first episode. This is why she handles the second date more structured and is surprised by Kai's character...
Producing, simply because it's fun
Besides the eight performers, there are a number of other heads working on the daily web series, all of whom, of course, realise the project together from home. In addition to the authors/directors Julius Grimm and Florian Günther, the Munich agency Superama also plays an important role as co-producer – "without budget, simply because it's fun". However, it's not only the production that's fun, but also the success, as the daily 90-second dates seem to have hit just the right nerve of social media users: Already more than 1000 subscribers follow the dates of Sophia, Leopold, Kai, Achim, Charly, Tanja, Tabea and Johannes daily at 7:30 pm on Instagram and Facebook.
One season, 16 dates
With the 16th episode of April 27, the first season has already been finished and went online! So it's time for co-author and director Julius Grimm to draw a conclusion: "With V-Dates we wanted to develop a mini-series that is realizable in the current times and makes the viewer at home laugh. We all shoot from home via VideoCalls and that of course brings its difficulties. Fortunately, in the current situation, we have one thing above all else: Time."
It still remains exciting and entertaining after the first season. For tomorrow, Friday, May 1, the web series will start its second season. With familiar and new faces, looking for the right partner.
All dates can be found at https://www.instagram.com/vdates_die_webserie/ and https://www.facebook.com/Vdates-die-Webserie-106146321061288/.
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Third Episode Online Now!
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy