Book Tip: "Web Design. The Evolution of the Digital World 1990 – Today"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
In his recent publication "Web Design. The Evolution of the Digital World 1990 - Today" Rob Ford leads through the changes of websites from 1990 to today.
Since 1991, the Internet has been freely accessible and with that several different websites visitors can enjoy. These did not always look as they do today. Rob Ford, founder of the Favourite Website Awards, takes the reader on a journey from the birth of the website to the launch of amazon, YouTube and PokémonGO.
Of Flash, Surround Sound, 3D and VR
In his book, Ford deals with 200 websites that impressed at their time and changed the Internet. Whether it was the first page that used surround sound, the one based entirely on Flash, the first 3D effects page or the first mobile game – in "Web Design. The Evolution of the Digital World 1990 - Today" all markers of their time come together. In this context, quotations and explanations offer valuable insights into the ideas of the pixel pioneers: among them Jonathan Gay (Flash), Gabo Mendoza (Gabocorp), Yugo Nakamura (Yugop), Peter Van den Wyngaert (NRG.BE), Joshua Davis (Playstation) and Eric Jordan (2Advanced). Aside from events on the Internet, eight other important incidents of the respective time – such as the number of Internet users, the most concise worldwide news or the most successful film – complete the compilation and place each website in their respective historical context.
An illustrated book for everyone
Rob Ford created a book that not only inspires web designers. With "Web Design. The Evolution of the Digital World 1990 - Today", testimonials of online history and technology enthusiasts of all generations get a reference book for the most important developments of websites.
The 640-page publication "Web Design. The Evolution of the Digital World 1990 - Today" by Rob Ford and Julius Wiedemann was published in October 2019 by TASCHEN Verlag and is available for €40. For further information please visit
- New design for new stories – CapeRock's rebranding of Insight TV new
- Alpenblick creates new design for ARD Kontraste new
- Sustainability at Deutsche Welle
- 21 years of FEEDMEE Design from Cologne - of age and still hungree...
- Sustainability at ProSiebenSat.1
- Book tip: "Travel companions. Really good things to take along"
- Art Director (m/f/d) - Red Bull Media House, Wals-Siezenheim (Austria)
- Colourist (m/w/d) - Red Bull Media House, Wals-Siezenheim (Austria)
- Producer Digital & TV sixx (m/w/d) - ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland, Unterföhring
- Produktioner Digital (m/w/d) - ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland, Unterföhring
- Production Coordinator (m/f/d) - Red Bull Media House