A farewell to Martin Lambie-Nairn, Eyes & Ears Excellence Award winner and long-time member
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
The media industry suffered a bitter loss at the end of last year: Martin Lambie-Nairn, great designer, long-time member of Eyes & Ears of Europe and holder of the Eyes & Ears Excellence Award passed away Christmas 2020.
Martin Lambie-Nairn, Royal Designer, founder of Lambie-Nairn Branding Agency, co-creator of the world-famous Spitting Image dolls, ingenious designer of the iconic BBC and Channel 4 Idents and Creative Director of major brand clients such as The Royal Opera House, O2 and many other TV stations worldwide, remains unforgotten, however, not only in his role as King of Design and Branding.
We will always remember him for his friendly smile. For his way of approaching people and overcoming language barriers. For his exciting, lively lectures, which we were fortunate to listen to at our conference in Cologne in 2017. Here, he not only turned conventional wisdom upside down, but also questioned the lasting importance of creative craftsmanship and entrepreneurial thinking. Always curious, he was also critical about technology, of which he was the biggest fan and enthusiast.
We actually can't say why he always inspired us in a better way than our former CEO Wout Nierhoff did in his tribute in 2000:
- "Diversity is key" – A Drink with Richard Holman new
- high five cgn joins Eyes & Ears of Europe as a new member
- Wishes do come true – ZWEIFREUNDE agency lands a contract with ZDFneo with promotional pitch
- "Design that considers human beings will make a difference" – A Drink with David Bailey
- 360-degree news from a new studio – Cooperation between RTL Deutschland and agency CapeRock successfully enters the next rounds
- The Kelly Family bus is back on RTLZWEI – A challenge for the ZWEI FREUNDE agency
- Junior-Redakteur Liveshow (m/w/d) - Seven.One Studios/Flat White Productions GmbH, Köln
- Redakteur Liveshow (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group, Köln
- Produktionsplaner - Disposition TV (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group, München
- Projektmanager:in (m/w/d) mit Schwerpunkt Academy/Veranstaltungen in Teilzeit - Eyes & Ears of Europe, Köln
- Volontär:in/Trainee (m/w/d) Redaktion - Eyes & Ears of Europe, Köln