A farewell to Martin Lambie-Nairn, Eyes & Ears Excellence Award winner and long-time member
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
The media industry suffered a bitter loss at the end of last year: Martin Lambie-Nairn, great designer, long-time member of Eyes & Ears of Europe and holder of the Eyes & Ears Excellence Award passed away Christmas 2020.
Martin Lambie-Nairn, Royal Designer, founder of Lambie-Nairn Branding Agency, co-creator of the world-famous Spitting Image dolls, ingenious designer of the iconic BBC and Channel 4 Idents and Creative Director of major brand clients such as The Royal Opera House, O2 and many other TV stations worldwide, remains unforgotten, however, not only in his role as King of Design and Branding.
We will always remember him for his friendly smile. For his way of approaching people and overcoming language barriers. For his exciting, lively lectures, which we were fortunate to listen to at our conference in Cologne in 2017. Here, he not only turned conventional wisdom upside down, but also questioned the lasting importance of creative craftsmanship and entrepreneurial thinking. Always curious, he was also critical about technology, of which he was the biggest fan and enthusiast.
We actually can't say why he always inspired us in a better way than our former CEO Wout Nierhoff did in his tribute in 2000:
- Introducing: Our New Talents 2021 new
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy