A farewell to Martin Lambie-Nairn, Eyes & Ears Excellence Award winner and long-time member
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
The media industry suffered a bitter loss at the end of last year: Martin Lambie-Nairn, great designer, long-time member of Eyes & Ears of Europe and holder of the Eyes & Ears Excellence Award passed away Christmas 2020.
Martin Lambie-Nairn, Royal Designer, founder of Lambie-Nairn Branding Agency, co-creator of the world-famous Spitting Image dolls, ingenious designer of the iconic BBC and Channel 4 Idents and Creative Director of major brand clients such as The Royal Opera House, O2 and many other TV stations worldwide, remains unforgotten, however, not only in his role as King of Design and Branding.
We will always remember him for his friendly smile. For his way of approaching people and overcoming language barriers. For his exciting, lively lectures, which we were fortunate to listen to at our conference in Cologne in 2017. Here, he not only turned conventional wisdom upside down, but also questioned the lasting importance of creative craftsmanship and entrepreneurial thinking. Always curious, he was also critical about technology, of which he was the biggest fan and enthusiast.
We actually can't say why he always inspired us in a better way than our former CEO Wout Nierhoff did in his tribute in 2000:
- New Board member: Stephan Riebel
- TOGGO Touchdown:A design package for the new generation of football fans
- Lasting Wounds by Aleksandra Marchenko
- RTL Germany launches biggest campaign of the year for the RTL+ All Inclusive Entertainment App
- CapeRock: Planet A
- FH St. Pölten: Alumni with media textbook and film premiere in Vienna
- Technical Coordinator (m/w/d) im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt am Main
- - Seven.One Entertainment Group, München
- Designer (w/m/d) - RTL Deutschland GmbH, Köln
- Art Director Newstime (m/w/d) - Seven.One Entertainment Group GmbH, München
- Project Manager Creative (f/m/d) as a leave cover - Paramount. Berlin or remote