An energetic design for the young target group – Luxlotusliner creates broadcast design for "The 77 Percent" of Deutsche Welle
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
DW's "The 77 Percent" attracts the attention of Africans younger than 35 with fast edits and strong colours.
In the sub-Saharan region of Africa, 77 percent of the population is younger than 35. For these 770 million people, Deutsche Welle has launched "The 77 Percent" to create room for dialogue, contact and discussion on its various platforms. The topics are as colourful as the design of the programme itself: everything from politics, society and public events to satire – in the name of freedom, tolerance and democracy – is covered.
The Munich agency Luxlotusliner was responsible for the programme design for "The 77 Percent". The agency took traditional African patterns as a basis and gave them into a contemporary look. Due to the young target group, which communicates primarily in social networks, the design is also suitable for social media and thus differs from classic TV appearances.
Another challenge was the design of the logo: It was adapted in six African languages – Amharic, English, French, Hausa, Kiswahili, and Portuguese – in order to reach as many of the 770 million under 35 year olds as possible.
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand new
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- From a satellite dish to the multicoloured ball – The SAT.1 brand development from 1984 until today
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Third Episode Online Now!