Exhibition tip: "Social Design"
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
Photo: Graft architectural office, solar kiosk, since 2009, Graft/Lars Krückeberg, Wolfram Putz, Thomas Willemeit with Andreas Spiess, © Andreas Spiess, SOLARKIOSK AG
From 29 March 2019 to 27 October 2019 the exhibition "Social Design" can be seen at the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg.
Social design means design for society and with society: for example, cities that are friendly to residents, initiatives for the integration of refugees, a loom for setting up a business or a solar kiosk for the local electricity supply. The exhibition "Social Design" presents 25 international projects from the fields of urban space and landscape, living / education / work, production, migration and environment. The designs range from new infrastructures to do-it-yourself houses and filters for clean water. They show an excerpt from the range of current fields of social design activity and thus explain an omnipresent but still vague term.
Social Design confronts the increasing imbalance in terms of resources, means of production and future opportunities and focuses on a new, equal exchange between the individual, civil society, state and economy on the basis of dialogue and participation. It is always about the emancipation of all participants in connection with freedom, community and justice.
"Design always stands in a social context. While I was working on social design, the political situation in many parts of the world has developed in a way that I would not have thought possible. I am glad that there are designers and initiatives who are taking up this challenge with their projects," says Angeli Sachs, curator of the exhibition at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich.
"Social Design" from 29 March 2019 to 27 October 2019 at the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg, Steintorplatz, 20099 Hamburg. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm, Thursday from 10 am to 9 pm. Further information at https://www.mkg-hamburg.de/en/exhibitions/upcoming/social-design.html
- Exhibition tip: "Design Laboratory: Materials and Technology"
- Book tip: "Graphic Design"
- ARTE: Summer of Freedom – Programme design for the thematic focus
- Divimove, ProSiebenSat.1 and Mediengruppe RTL develop campaigns for the 2019 European elections
- Marketing & Design for the TV event "24h Europe - The Next Generation"
- Opportunities & Challenges of eSports on TV - Interview with 7Sports COO Stefan Zant
- Promotion campaigns for VoD and OTT content – An interview with BDA Creative
- Artificial intelligence in everyday life and in the creative industry - Interview with Jochen Voß
- Exhibition tip: "OUT OF OFFICE. When Robots and AI do our work for us"
- New, cross-media combination of TV and mobile: RTL II connects "Berlin – Day & Night" and THE DOME on IGTV
- 4 Things You Can Still Learn About Digital Brand Management
- Companies have to tell stories
- Five Key Ideas You’ll Bring Back from Promax Europe 2019
- CapeRock creates umbrella brand for Deutsche Welle's environmental format "Eco"
- BDA Creative Gives 3sat The First Redesign In 15 Years
- Book tip: "Through a Different Lens"
- Exhibition tip: "Social Design"
- eSports is here to stay! From the alleged niche to the mass audience
- Quadrolux merges fiction and reality in a newly adjusted interview polemic
- SAT.1 GOLD shines in a new design
- Superama produces Image Spot for DMAX and Branded Content Making-Of for SanDisk
- Screenworks produces clips for the German Television Award
- Motion Graphics Designer - Red Bull Media House
- Infographics-Designer/in - SRF
- Herstellungsleiter – Film (m/w) - Red Bull Media House
- Volontär/Trainee (m/w/x) Kommunikation und Projektmanagement - Eyes & Ears of Europe
- Projektmanager/in mit Schwerpunkt Broadcast/TV Design und Adaption für Multimedia - ARD - Das Erste