Photo: Graft architectural office, solar kiosk, since 2009, Graft/Lars Krückeberg, Wolfram Putz, Thomas Willemeit with Andreas Spiess, © Andreas Spiess, SOLARKIOSK AG
From 29 March 2019 to 27 October 2019 the exhibition "Social Design" can be seen at the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg.
Social design means design for society and with society: for example, cities that are friendly to residents, initiatives for the integration of refugees, a loom for setting up a business or a solar kiosk for the local electricity supply. The exhibition "Social Design" presents 25 international projects from the fields of urban space and landscape, living / education / work, production, migration and environment. The designs range from new infrastructures to do-it-yourself houses and filters for clean water. They show an excerpt from the range of current fields of social design activity and thus explain an omnipresent but still vague term.
Social Design confronts the increasing imbalance in terms of resources, means of production and future opportunities and focuses on a new, equal exchange between the individual, civil society, state and economy on the basis of dialogue and participation. It is always about the emancipation of all participants in connection with freedom, community and justice.
"Design always stands in a social context. While I was working on social design, the political situation in many parts of the world has developed in a way that I would not have thought possible. I am glad that there are designers and initiatives who are taking up this challenge with their projects," says Angeli Sachs, curator of the exhibition at the Museum für Gestaltung Zurich.
"Social Design" from 29 March 2019 to 27 October 2019 at the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg, Steintorplatz, 20099 Hamburg. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm, Thursday from 10 am to 9 pm. Further information at https://www.mkg-hamburg.de/en/exhibitions/upcoming/social-design.html
- Introducing: Our New Talents 2021 new
- Confident, flexible, responsive - ZDF's new promotion design focuses on the visual experience of the brand
- "A Drink with European Media Creatives", the (Live-)Podcast from Eyes & Ears of Europe – Special Episode Online Now!
- Fun, Fun, Fun – GÉDÉON gets the FUN Radio logo dancing with moving type
- "Simplicity" – The rebranding for ZDFheute by BDA Creative convinces with clear lines
- (Junior-) Producer/Cutter - vonHerzen, Grünwald/München
- Technik-Manager*in im Design- und VFX-Bereich - Hessischer Rundfunk, Frankfurt a.M.
- Creative Producer On Air Promotion - ServusTV, Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich
- Motion Designer ab 1. November (6. Monate als Elternvertretung) - mehappy
- Editor- Editorin / Producer - mehappy