All Eyes on OKOO – GÉDÉON creates a design for the children's programme of France Télévisions and puts a sparkle in children’s eyes
by Eyes & Ears of Europe
How do you address children and pre-schoolers at the same time? Which design can inspire both? GÉDÉON focuses on beautiful eyes.
Last December, France Télévisions completely revamped its offer for children. The first French producer of animated programmes for children has since then focused entirely on "digital first". Similar to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+, OKOO allows users to create different profiles designed according to their age. Parisian agency GÉDÉON is in charge of the design.
Design that’s worth a look
What was the challenge for GÉDÉON? A design that appeals to younger and older children alike. The Paris agency found the solution in OKOO's O's – because they are the perfect eyes. As "picto stickers", they are on the face of a sheep, a dog and other animal companions for the little ones, then on a bowl, vegetables or other everyday objects for the grown-ups and thus are the common theme throughout the design.
Eglantine Guitard, production manager and head of the project of OKOO at GÉDÉON: "What we like about OKOO's new look is that it allows the brand to experiment and change while remaining true to its core identity. The eyes, inside the logotype, allow the channel to create an animal, an object or to customise a real life situation in the style of OKOO, all of which will be instantly recognisable to the viewer. The new identity gives infinite ways for the brand to express itself and it is always entertaining. The eyes perfectly capture a brand that is playful and always evolving."
For the print ads, GÉDÉON replaced the eyes of the characters with the logo eyes, emphasising the station's playfulness. Furthermore it is a nod to the filters and effects used on Snapchat and Instagram.
New season – new images
As summer arrived, OKOO wanted GÉDÉON to come up with new seasonal ideas and the agency didn't need to be told twice. Surfboards, T-shirts and exotic animals such as hippos and parrots with the typical OKOO-faces invite children to watch series and films in summer.
- New office, new logo, new colleagues – Blickfang Media moves into its new BDA home in January
- Even Santa loves "Castle" – A week full of series marathons with Universal TV and FEEDMEE
- Christmas is coming! Thanks to FEEDMEE Design also for ZDFneo
- SUPER RTL has the answer with its "Jetzt ist aber mal Weihnachten" (Now it's finally Christmas) campaign
- White paper for a hopefully white Christmas – Luxlotusliner once again produces Christmas campaign for "Das Erste"
- ZDF morning magazine "Moma" gets a complete redesign by Amsterdam agency CapeRock